Why Choose Us?
We are an independent appraisal company qualified by education, experience and professional accomplishments. We are members in good standing in the International Society of Appraisers.
Your possessions will be carefully and professionally evaluated with the singular goal of maximizing the constructive use of your appraisal.
White Orchid Appraisals, LLC will assist private individuals and or public companies in brokerage of individual items or entire estates. Consignments, estate liquidations and household clean-outs can be arranged.
What are appraisals recommended for?
Insurance Coverage / Loss:
• In many situations an appraisal is required by insurance adjusters to satisfy a claim for loss or damage.
Charitable Contributions / Donations:
• The IRS requires that an appraisal be submitted with your tax return for some donations. It is often advised that any charitable contribution of personal property be appraised prior to making the donation so the recipient and donor are aware of the value of the gift.
Private Sale / Liquidation:
• Establish the fair market value prior to placing your property on the market for sale.
Financial and Estate Planning:
• An appraisal can be an invaluable tool in planning your financial future. A concise valuation of your treasured property may significantly impact your financial position and should be considered for long term planning. A detailed inventory with values can also assist you in distribution or liquidation of your assets.
Wills / Estate Taxes:
• An appraisal can assist in estate distribution or liqidation of assets. This will ensure that your heirs are treated equally and will minimize disputes. An appraisal can also be an important document when filing for your estate taxes.
Divorce / Partnership:
• We work with clients and attorneys to determine fair market value for all property in question and submit the appraisal report to assist in equitable distribution.
What is in the Appraisal Report?
The appraisal report contains an itemized and detailed description of all items appraised including measurements, condition reports, and value of the item.
- Photographic documentation will be included in the appraisal report.
- The body of the report will contain a definition of value appropriate to the type of appraisal such as fair market value, replacement value or liquidation value.
- The appraisers qualifications will be included in the appraisal report.
- All client records are confidential and will be kept on file for 5 years.
- Two bound copies of an appraisal report with a signed appraisal certificate will be available to our clients. Additional copies are available at the client's request.
The Highest Industry Standards
Our reports are written to the most stringent industry standards and are in full compliance with the Appraisal Foundation's Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), as well as the report development and writing standards of the International Society of Appraisal (ISA). These standards are the highest in the industry. They regulate appraisal methodology as well as ethical conduct.
We are an independent appraisal company qualified by education, experience and professional accomplishments and hold a membership in good standing in the International Society of Appraisers
Reports that are written to these standards are accepted by the IRS, insurance companies, financial institutions and museums.